April 2, 2019
Existential Moments with Detroit's Beloved Gothfather

"There were times when I couldn't have survived without you, even when you weren't here." Such is the case now with Abe's family and friends. As is too often the case with artists, their words provide us with reflection and meaning after they've left us. Many of the poems, lyrics, and quotes by Abe Sulfaro in "Memoirs de Nocturne: An Anthology" have found voice outside that book. His novel ("The Antiheroes"), as well as his poetry and quotes {"Memoirs") have enriched the story in "Co-eternals" and have also found relevance in my upcoming book "Makin' It Real... Compared to What," an autobiography being written with Detroit percussionist Dan Lewis. Abe's legacy is enduring, the name "Gothfather" being recently coined by Dayve Disintegration, one of his comrades in real life and in "The Antiheroes."
Sally Sulfaro

Load older comments
Other Discussions You Might Like
August 2, 2019

“People talk about cancer freely; why is it so difficult to discuss the effects of depression, bipolar…, anxiety, or schizophrenic disorders?… Just because the illness may not be outwardly visible doesn’t mean the person suffering from it isn’t struggling.” ~Saoirse Kennedy ...Read More

March 3, 2019

So begins my journey on the next level of outreach on behalf of my son, Wordeee author Abe Sulfaro...and as a new Wordeee author myself, inspired by his introspective and conflicted writings. One of the qualities of his work that stands in contrast to my first novel, "Co-eternals," is his ability ...Read More

March 3, 2019

So begins my journey on the next level of outreach on behalf of Abe...and myself as a mother and a new author inspired by his writings, introspective and conflicted. One of the qualities of his work that stands in contrast to my first novel, "Co-eternals," is his ability to create density in ...Read More