March 3, 2019
Not Light Reading

So begins my journey on the next level of outreach on behalf of Abe...and myself as a mother and a new author inspired by his writings, introspective and conflicted. One of the qualities of his work that stands in contrast to my first novel, "Co-eternals," is his ability to create density in characters. In that way, he created a vision and legacy, and I hope to evolve in that direction even if the content of my writing isn't as deep and evocative--or as dark and menacing. Perhaps the scheduled filming of an "Antiheroes" trailer in Detroit has triggered many feelings and thoughts about Abe's writings, including his prose in "Memoirs de Nocturne." This morning I'm reflecting on his words about the elusive nature of human happiness in the voice of Fade, protagonist in "The Antiheroes." I've been reminded of it during the writing of the autobiography of another Detroit musician, Dan Lewis, who has cerebral palsy and dyslexia. Like Abe and Jack White (Detroit musician with international acclaim)in an interview with Dan Rather, Dan Lewis also describes happiness as a an ongoing pursuit rather than a steady-state while acknowledging and savoring the brief moments of joy and delight that we experience. Dan's thoughts fit with the title of his autobiography, "Makin' It Real...Compared to What?" All this puts life into perspective. It doesn't diminish our moments in the sun, but rather keeps them real, bringing our "pursuit" into clearer focus. It's amazing, yet not surprising, that three musicians have described this reality in the same voice. In awe and forever grateful, Sally Sulfaro, Wordeee Author

Wordeee Admin
March 03.2019
Good going Sally...I am sharing on Facebook....
Load older comments
Other Discussions You Might Like
April 2, 2019

"There were times when I couldn't have survived without you, even when you weren't here." Such is the case now with Abe's family and friends. As is too often the case with artists, their words provide us with reflection and meaning after they've left us. Many of the poems, lyrics, and quotes by ...Read More

March 3, 2019

So begins my journey on the next level of outreach on behalf of my son, Wordeee author Abe Sulfaro...and as a new Wordeee author myself, inspired by his introspective and conflicted writings. One of the qualities of his work that stands in contrast to my first novel, "Co-eternals," is his ability ...Read More

February 15, 2018

I'm so excited to share this fable with children and adults alike! --Finally old enough to play with other ladybugs, Lily realizes that she does not have as many black spots on her back as other ladybugs. Lily becomes so obsessed with figuring out how to get more spots on her back that she stops ...Read More